PDA

View Full Version : DS refusing all solids BUT Veggie Booty

wagner36
03-09-2004, 02:55 PM
DS was doing really well with solids, and then we gave him Veggie Booty. He quite literally can't get enough of the booty! As soon as he sees the bag, he gets giddy and holds out his arms and grunts. My feelings are little hurt, as he used to get that excited about the boobs, but now the excitement is reserved for Veggie Booty alone. He sits on the floor by the fridge and stares up at it until we get it down.

I'm not quite sure what to do. For two weeks he's refused (as in spit out, turned his head, gagged, vomited) every other solid food (both new and old) but the booty. I even broke down and started to try and give him foods that were previously on the "absolutely not" list, like ice cream. I can't think of anything else that he can try. He's barely tolerating nursing.

We even tried the Fruity Booty and the Pirates Booty in a last ditch attempt to vary his diet, but he's only into the Veggie.

While having a sure-fire "cry-stopper" is wonderful (a baggie of booty is all it takes to stop even the silent scream), I'm a little concerned about the sodium content. I thought it would just be a phase, but it will be two weeks tomorrow. The happiest two weeks of his life, it seems, but what do we do to get some other food in the poor little guy? His fingers are permanently green.

Any suggestions, please!!!

sntm
03-09-2004, 04:27 PM
No advice, but what a funny post! Jack hasn't gotten any of "the booty" yet, but Mama taste-tested some and bought 3 bags when it went on sale just for herself!

Is he teething? Could it be the crunchiness?

Bizarro-thought, but maybe dust the boobies with the booty dust? (Way off the wall, but?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

bluej
03-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Ryden screams in terror if he see's 'the booty'! He hates the stuff! So I have absolutely no advice for you. I just cannot help but associate the word 'booty' (whether it's veggie or not) w/ well, the backside, so when you wrote 'can't get enough of the booty' I had to LOL! I'm glad he thinks it's bootyliscious!

wagner36
03-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Nope, no teeth right now. He's had all 8 front teeth for a couple of months, so I keep thinking the molars are coming in, but nothing yet.

Not a bad idea about a little booty dusting, though. I'll have to try that tonight. DH should be pretty turned-off by the sight of that one! But, desperate times, desperate measures, I guess.