PDA

View Full Version : Going to concert-leaving Lauren with friends- what to do about Bfeeding

llcoddington
03-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Next month DH and I have tickets to a concert that we would like to go to. Lauren has been exclusively breastfed up to this point. I am going to try pumping and freezing milk soon, but I am a bit unsure of how to introduce a bottle. Also, will it be a problem for my milk supply to leave Lauren for a few hours to go to the concert?

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

stillplayswithbarbies
03-09-2004, 04:11 PM
by that time she will be about 4 months old, so a few hours shouldn't be a problem for your supply. You might get engorged and uncomfortable though, so practice hand expressing, or take a small hand pump with you.

You should start now with the bottle. Have daddy try it while you are out of the house. Sometimes baby won't take a bottle if they know the real thing is nearby. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Jen in Chicago
03-09-2004, 05:17 PM
My 2 cents.... start having someone attempt to feed a few ounces a day to Lauren via a bottle, and during that time you could go pump. Our Ped said if they are really hungry they will take it. We had to "train" for the bottle for a while. Mommy's need a little free time, so go enjoy some time with your husband. Take a pump along just in case you get uncomfortable.

Mostly b/c of funerals--BAD WEEK, 2 in 1 week... I had to leave Jude for periods of time to tend to friend/family responsiblities. The bottle training to that point was my insurance policy. He was not happy with it, but he would take it. I had the pump around if I needed it to get the edge off, which I used it some. It did not impact my supply negatively.

Enjoy the concert! Lauren I am sure you will leave in good hands. We all need to take time to enjoy our marriage! Life becomes all about our children. I need to practice what I am preaching!