PDA

View Full Version : why! She is now refusing to eat everything that just last week she lapped up!

peanut4us
03-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Especially the cereal. She could have lived on cereal alone if I would have let her, and now she swats it away. I have tried mixing it with all manner of different fruits and vegetables. I have tried letting her have the spoon (um, duck, if you try that one!). Gah! She won't eat it. So now she's my little carb queen. Toast yes, sometimes it must be in sticks, sometimes in little pieces. Yes, I will eat an entire banana if you let me. Yes, I will eat as many grapes as you will peel... and oddly enough, yes I will eat babyfood lasagna???!!! Weirdo.

Sigh. I'm running out of nutrionally good ideas. Anyone else going through this?

Momof3Labs
03-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Yep, every week for the last several months. Sara is just becoming a TODDLER!

Torey
03-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Will she eat yogurt? If so, you can try dipping foods into yogurt and then giving them to her. Strange as it sounds, this is how I get DD to eat broccoli. Also, maybe she would like beans? Not green beans but chickpeas, kidney beans. I try to buy the no salt added (or just rinse the regular ones really well). Since they are canned they are pretty soft and DD loves to just pop them in her mouth. Obviously, they have a decent amount of fiber/protein/iron in them. My DD won't eat much meat so she eats lots and lots of beans.

mharling
03-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Yep, same thing here! He loved cottage cheese the first time I offered it; flat out refused it the second time. Now it's mostly veggies that he refuses. I just keep offering everything I used to. I don't have time now, but I'll post some ideas for you later.

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

ktdid74
03-10-2004, 03:47 PM
wow Joey, I was just going to post this same type of question. Mackenzie is a total carb addict like her mommy :) I can't get her to eat anything but oatmeal, bread, yogurt or bananas! That's it!! No other fruits and no veggies of any kind. I keep putting them on her tray just in case but she just wipes her hand across it and the food flies! She won't even eat babyfood which until last week she loved. And, I do let her eat a whole banana but only every other day or so.A few days ago she did eat a couple pieces of DS's mac and cheese (plain ol' Kraft) but today she wouldn't touch it. I'm so glad to hear we're not alone. We're weaning from BF to whole milk and she does pretty good with that so I guess I should be happy. Good luck!

alkagift
03-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Joey,
Matt does the same thing--won't eat cereal unless I've dipped the spoon in applesauce or something like that so he can't smell it! No kidding! I was all set to give it up all together when I read Ellyn Satter again and she said that until they're 12 months I'm supposed to get 1/2 cup a day into him? HOW??? Good luck with Sara, I'm sure she's just wanting something new--since she's older than Matt she's into new things--and saying no!

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03