PDA

View Full Version : what age did you introduce fish or shellfish?

etwahl
03-11-2004, 11:02 AM
and what did you give? we love salmon, but haven't had it much since she started eating our meals. same with tuna. when i eat it (in the package) i always fix her something else. and we eat a fair amount of shrimp, but again, always give her something else.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

egoldber
03-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Fish is OK, but shellfish is highly allergenic. We have a history of shellfish allergies and Sarah has never had it. But we introduced fish when she was less than a year old.

HTH,

stillplayswithbarbies
03-11-2004, 11:59 AM
do you worry about the mercury in tuna, or are the amounts they eat so small it doesn't matter? (I'm talking canned tuna specifically)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

etwahl
03-11-2004, 12:00 PM
i was wondering the same. is the canned and package the same also? am assuming it is, but who knows!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

egoldber
03-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Well, Sarah doesn't like tuna so it isn't an issue for us, LOL! She will eat salmon or white fish occasionally. But she eats it so infrequently and the quantities are so small I don't worry about it.

And the chunk light tuna is lower in mercury than albacore, so that could be a better choice. Since we are TTC, I am only eating chunk these days.

HTH,