PDA

View Full Version : Partially hydrogenated soybean oil???

toomanystrollers
03-12-2004, 08:05 AM
As bad as PH corn oil? Just reading off the ingredients of the whole wheat waffles that the kids devour - including Neve.

TIA

egoldber
03-12-2004, 11:20 AM
I am avoiding all hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils for me as much as possible. For DD, I also try to avoid them, but I'm not as stringent about it. I think that all the hydrogenated oils have the same artery clogging properties.

FYI, Trader Joe has waffles with no hydrogrenated oils that DD loves!

HTH,

Judegirl
03-12-2004, 11:29 AM
All hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils are problematic. They carry trans fats, which contribute to heart disease, and they also have carcinogenic properties when heated.

Best,
Jude

toomanystrollers
03-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Thanks ladies - off to TJ's tommorow :)

COElizabeth
03-12-2004, 10:52 PM
I always hear about great stuff at Trader Joe's, but sadly, they have no plans to expand into Colorado (at least not as of a few months back when I saw an article about them). Anyway, is all this great stuff their own brand or something I might likely find at a natural foods store here. So far my attempts to find more healthful waffles and such have been disastrous. DH is still making fun of some I bought years ago!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

egoldber
03-12-2004, 11:50 PM
The ones at TJs are a house brand. I know that the Kashi brand makes frozen waffles (I have clipped some coupons for them), but I have never seen them in my local stores (even the ones that carry Kashi cereals). If you have a Whole Foods or a Wild Oats type store, you may try there.

And you can always try making them at home!

HTH!