PDA

View Full Version : Containers for Frozen homemade babyfood on the go!

Alex1276
03-13-2004, 08:30 AM
I will be making homemade babyfood and freezing it into cubes. I was wondering what types of conatiners to use for travel. I have a travel bottle warmer in my car that can also be used to heat up jars. Can I use this with those take and toss containers?

TIA,
Alex
Mommy to Philip
10/24/03

sadie427
03-13-2004, 10:51 AM
I don't know--I make my own baby food but usually use jars when we go out, unless it's to someone's house where there's a fridge and a microwave. Otherwise with the frozen I'd be worried about spoilage, the container popping open in the diaper bag, or whether it will be all the way defrosted. However, I imagine you could put a frozen cube into an empty baby food jar and use it in the warmer?

lizajane
03-13-2004, 06:33 PM
the 4 oz avent bottles would be perfect for dropping a cube or two into and then using the bottle warmer. but i use the take and toss style containers (i don't have a bottle warmer).

i ask friends to save baby food jars for, and i often just put the food right into them and then into the freezer.

babyengberg
03-15-2004, 09:15 AM
A friend gave me a Sassy gift bag that had sets of utensils, little 1/4 cup size containers with lids and other assorted feeding supplies. I'm pretty sure she got it at Babiesrus. The 1/4 cup containers are plastic in red, yellow, blue and green. They've been indispensible. When Finn was younger, I put the cubes of babyfood I made for him in the container overnight to thaw in the fridge for the morning, or popped them into the microwave to thaw at other meals. I mix cereal in them all the time, and they're now perfect for keeping raisins with me in my bag for emergency snacks.

caleymama
03-15-2004, 02:22 PM
The small First Years Take N Toss containers should work fine. I also noticed a product in the One Step Ahead catalog last night (and thought of this post!) that's specifically for what you're describing. Here's a link to it:

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?itemID=68760&itemType=PRODUCT&lGen=detail&iMainCat=117&iSubCat=27221&iProductID=68760&change=117