PDA

View Full Version : How do I introduce fish?

mmaimp
03-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Hello. I was wondering when is the right time to introduce fish? My son is 12 months old and is eating mostly table food. I did search for fish on the message boards and could not find any info. I have cod and wild salmon in the freezer but don’t know if these are best or the correct way to prepare them. Thanks for your help!

sntm
03-15-2004, 01:35 PM
some suggest waiting longer, but if there are no seafood allergies in your family, i would think it is okay to introduce fish at 1 year. i'm waiting until 2 years for shellfish, though.

just be sure it is cooked well enough -- fish is easy -- can be broiled, poached, baked, microwaved, you name it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

egoldber
03-15-2004, 02:34 PM
My understanding is that fish is OK to introduce before 1, but no shellfish before 1 or 2. Since we have a family history of shellfish allergies, I am waiting until DD is 3 to introduce it.

HTH,

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-15-2004, 05:13 PM
We introduced fish (salmon) before 1 year and he loves it.
But I am holding off on shellfish for who knows how long...For nuts and shellfish I want him to beable to be at an age where he can communicate to me if he has any allergy symptoms...I KNOW that I will not be offering those at two either.

I want him to beable to say
"mommy I'm itching"...and those kind of statements before I dare risk it...

Just me maybe...but allergies scare me to death!!!!

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties