PDA

View Full Version : Have the Medela Pump In Style - is it worth buying a battery pack?

Chelsey333
03-15-2004, 09:08 PM
I was just curious if it is worth if for me to buy the battery pack so that I can pump on the go. This is my 2nd baby, but I only nursed for 4 mos. with first child. I was wondering if I would last longer at bf if I had the convenience of pumping on the go. I found bf to be difficult if I was out at a wedding, I felt like I was going to explode if I didn't get home at a certain time. Plus I thought it would be convenient for time that I don't want to give baby a bottle instead of nursing in public. I am a little shy on the nursing in public thing.

Momof3Labs
03-15-2004, 09:52 PM
The only time I used my battery pack was when I had to pump in an airport bathroom. I had a car adapator for pumping in the car, though I only did that once, I think.

It depends - you might find that a manual pump like the Isis is better for pumping when at a wedding, for example, because it doesn't take up as much space and is quiet. But I'm not sure how much the PIS battery pack costs, either.

Eloise36
03-15-2004, 10:37 PM
A battery pack is good if you are on the go a lot, or if you work, and want to use your PIS. I use the PIS battery pack quite a bit when I am on the road or travelling, where I don't always have access to an electrical outlet. It's come in very handy on several occasions for me.