PDA

View Full Version : She doesn't drink anything...

jd11365
03-18-2004, 11:15 PM
She doesn't like water or juice and only BFs about 4x a day now...all she really asks for...except for in the middle of the night sometimes... Should I worry? DH thinks this is really odd...which of course now makes me think it's odd too... Any thoughts?

TIA!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

SeekerMage
03-19-2004, 12:51 AM
If she is hungry she will let you know....obviously she isnt. This is the same schedule Lil'bit is on...she only eats four times a day...sometimes five...sometimes three but then I wake her at night to eat again. She is gaining weight and definitely not suffereing so she must be ok! Im sure she will let you know if she wants more...she must just be getting enough with those four meals!

jubilee
03-19-2004, 03:36 AM
My little one is also down to nursing 4 times a day, and sometimes only 3 times. He will take some water-juice with his meals, but I only let him have 4 oz a day so far. I look forward to his year check up and finding out more about this.

toomanystrollers
03-19-2004, 07:38 AM
How's the diaper situation? If her output is normal, I wouldn't be too worried. If she eating solids at all - if so, you can add a lot of liquids to them.

ETA: by Kayla's age, they become such efficient bf'ers. Shea used to nurse for a whopping 4 mins. at a time.

jd11365
03-19-2004, 10:25 AM
PLENTY of diapers...no shortage here... ;) You would just think she'd like a nice cup of water or something to wash down her oatmeal in the morning...but no such luck. I guess if she has pee diapers she's ok, but it just seems strange that she only gets liquids from breastfeeding...

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

toomanystrollers
03-19-2004, 10:45 AM
You're all set mama :) All three of mine, got all their liquids from moi (unless I'm at work) until 12 months or so.