PDA

View Full Version : extended nursing and shrinking breasts?

LucyG
03-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Yikes! In the past few weeks, my boobs have really shrunk! DD is still nursing 4-6 times per day (at 13 months), but I stopped pumping at work recently. Could dropping that one pumping session have caused this? It's not a vanity issue for me (though bigger ones sure were nice!), but I want to make sure she's still getting adequate milk. I guess know she is, because I hear her swallow and I do leak from the side she is not nursing on sometimes, but it's just SO WEIRD, after months of feeling engorged if she did not nurse every 3-4 hours. Anyone else have the teeny-extended-nursing boob thing going on?

lrg
03-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I went through the same thing. We'd been down to 4 nursing sessions a day (by the end 2 pumped, 2 nursed) and mine shrunk, too. I was small before I was pregnant, and they went down to close to their old size, but still a little bigger. I figured my body finally figured out how this all works in that it stopped releasing milk without the stimulation. I just stopped, though, and they shrunk even more. Very depressing as I got used to filling out clothes this past year! They are also much less attractive than they used to be - softer, saggy, full of stretch marks, and bigger and uneven areolas. (ski slope boobs!) :(

Rachels
03-22-2004, 11:47 PM
Sigh. It's true. So sad.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

LucyG
03-23-2004, 10:46 AM
Indeed, it is. My main concern is that she get milk, which she seems to be doing, shrinking boobs notwithstanding.