PDA

View Full Version : Growth Spurts after Six Months?

slknight
03-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Are there any big growth spurts after six months or so? Alex seems to be nursing non-stop the last few days. It could be teething, but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

Rachels
03-22-2004, 11:49 PM
Yes, there are still growth spurts. They just don't get as much press since (sadly) so many women in the US stop nursing after 6 months. But constant nursing is often an indicator.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

slknight
03-23-2004, 09:08 AM
Rachel, do you know about when they are? I think I remember reading somewhere that they were at 9 months and 12 months, but don't know if that's right. Alex just turned 11 months. I'm glad I'm bf'ing, but to be honest, I really can't take much more of nursing 10 times a day or having 1 1/2 hour sessions. That's why I'm trying to figure out if it's a growth spurt, teething, or some other problem. I'd be more likely to try motrin if it's the teeth.

Thanks.

Rachels
03-23-2004, 09:33 AM
For Abigail, the times have really varied. I don't even remember, to be truthful (although there was one at 19 months, ugh). But in my experience, there is ALWAYS a reason for nonstop nursing. Fot Abby, it's either growing, teeth, or an ear infection. Try the Motrin and see what happens.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Mia31
03-23-2004, 06:46 PM
My baby is 4 months and I think is going through one...she's been nursing every 2 hours (usually it's 3-3and a half) and has been sleeping through the night..but this last week waking and hungry, no soothing back to sleep - she eats and then is fine to go back to bed!