PDA

View Full Version : What to do with tofu?

duein june2003
03-24-2004, 10:56 AM
I don't eat tofu, but thought my 10 month old DS should try it... How should I prepare it?? Any ideas? Thanks!
Ruth, Mom to Cole 5/21/03

momma_boo
03-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi Ruth,

If you do a search for "tofu" you should find some previous threads on it.

Here is one link:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=86&topic_id=1387&mesg_id=1387&listing_type=search

It doesn't actually need to be "cooked." If I'm really short on time, I'll just cut it up and give it to her right out of the package, microwaving for 10 seconds to take some of the chill off.

The other night, I made a stir-fry and tossed in some tofu cubes towards the end, so that it could pick up some flavor and she really liked those.

I usually purchase the firm kind. It's solid enough for her to pick up but still soft so that she can gum it easily.

redhookmom
03-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Tofu takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with. So, cook it with what your DS likes.

I always through a few cubes in with veggies or beans.

kijip
03-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Soy is one of the top foods for food allergies. My ped suggests delaying soy (unless there is a milk allergy and you are not bf) as long as you would delay egg whites, fish and peanuts. If you have no allergy history and your son has no allergy history you might be fine now but may want to be cautious at first.