PDA

View Full Version : I've created a Yobaby monster!

ethansmom
03-26-2004, 09:36 AM
He absolutely LOVES the stuff! We normally feed DS cereal w/applesauce for bkfast, same for lunch or a couple meat cubes mixed with a green and orange veggie cube, and then the meat/veggie combo for dinner. We added in the Yobaby and he thought nothing of finishing the container, which was fine. My concern now is that he starts balking when he sees non-Yobaby food! He will now eat about half of his cereal and fuss until he gets the Yobaby.

I read Ellen Satter about 5 months ago, but wasn't really paying much attention to the picky-eater parts. I do recall she said just offer them healthy foods and let them decide quantity.

So, am I setting myself up for huge trouble if I keep giving him the Yobaby when he wants? Aside from the sugar, it seems healthy, and he could use the fat... However, I don't want a kid that dictates his meals...

Any advice?

Thanks!

MartiesMom2B
03-26-2004, 09:39 AM
We have to hide the container of Yobaby in the house or Martie won't eat anything that we put in front of her. I don't know if this will help or not.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

sntm
03-26-2004, 10:29 AM
try plain unsweetened whole milk yogurt. it's a fave in our house to mix with other foods -- sounds disgusting but peas+yogurt or squash+yogurt actually go over very well. jack loves yobaby and horizon flavored yogurts but will also eat plain yogurt by itself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03