PDA

View Full Version : Anyone switched formulas due to explosive poop.Baby is on Enfamil with lipil and iron and as much breast milk as can be pumped

memedee
03-27-2004, 08:56 AM
I was thinking of Carnation Good Start as a friend switched to that due to constipation and seems happy with it.
Yesterday two explosive poops that went up to his back to his neck and he grunts a lot and is very gassy so I was wondering if that was because he is having a hard time pooping.
I am hesitant to go to soy because there is a high incidence of allergies in the family and I know soy can sometimes cause allergic reactions.

lizajane
03-28-2004, 09:45 PM
i don't actually know anything about formula, but it sounds a lot more like you are having a diaper issue instead of a formula issue. i am a cloth gal, myself, and they don't leak up the back like that. but disposable diapers leak up the back a TON. try going to the next size diaper or try a different brand.

and my breastfed baby grunted ALL THE TIME and was a bit gassy, too. try mylicon drops.

memedee
03-28-2004, 11:34 PM
I did try a different diaper so we will see.
He is actually breast fed with supplements but lately he prefers both the breast milk and the formula from the bottle.
He is in day care and gets a lot of bottles but it is only since the supplements that he has been grunting. He also pulls his ears a lot so maybe the grunting is related to some pain he is having maybe due to teething.
I sure wish he could tell me!!