PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for lunch for a one year old

jubilee
03-30-2004, 01:43 AM
I'm stumped- what are some good ideas for the main course of lunch for an almost 1 year old? I mostly do grilled cheese sandwiches so far, so I really need help!

mharling
03-30-2004, 05:32 AM
Lane & I have dinner leftovers most of the time. If there aren't leftovers, we usually have a cheese quesadilla, cold turkey, chicken/apple sausage (I cut the casing off) or soup (I pull out noodles, veggies, etc for him). He also frequently has yogurt or a couple pieces of cheese with lunch.

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

MartiesMom2B
03-30-2004, 08:02 AM
Martie eats pasta and veggies for lunch. She's not that big of a lunch eater though. I'll have to try grilled cheeses though.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

lizajane
03-30-2004, 08:50 AM
annie's organic mac & cheese, pasta mixed with veg and tofu, topped with melted cheese, tortilla or whole wheat bread smeared with avacado... i will see if i can think of anything else.

etwahl
03-30-2004, 09:33 AM
liza when you do tofu on the pasta, do you cook it or just raw? i do whole wheat macaroni noodles and have often sauteed zuchini and yellow squash in olive oil and put that on top with a little shredded cheese. i never thought about tofu on that though. good idea.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

C99
03-30-2004, 09:35 PM
I did a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches at that age, too! But we've mixed things up in the past month or two. Now lunches can be:

- spaghetti & tomato sauce w/ cheese
- chicken nuggets w/ peas
- hot dog (cut into slices and then into quarters) w/o bun
- quesadilla (essentially a GC, but it's a bit different)
- soybean butter and jelly sandwich
- potato and cheese pierogies (from Trader Joe's)

HTH

ppshah
03-30-2004, 11:08 PM
1. Wheat bread with mayo and slice of turkey ( or roast beef)
2. scrambled eggs with sauted bell peppers and eggo waffle
3. peanut butter sandwich
4. veggie burger- I microwave it so it still soft and easy to chew
5. Dinner lelftovers
6. Avacodo sushi- I take the seaweed off the give him the rice and avacado with a little soy sauce drizzled on - he loves it !!
7. pasta, ricotta cheese, tomatoe sauce and veggies - all mixed together. I call this "baby lasagna"

I try to have one meat(or protein source), one starch and one veggie.

HTH

lizajane
03-30-2004, 11:23 PM
i just chop it up raw! i don't even heat it, because the other ingredients are hot, and i heat the whole thing to melt the cheese.

i often use butternut squash (stole the idea from sonia,-martie's mom) as sauce so that the tofu has some flavor.

zuzu
03-31-2004, 10:24 AM
Thanks for suggesting the pierogies! I was looking at these and the blintzes at Trader Joe's last weekend and was wondering if they'd be worth a try.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

mharling
03-31-2004, 01:27 PM
Another thank-you for mentioning the pierogies. We're headed to Trader Joe's today and will definitely pick some up.

We get the chicken/apple sausuage from TJ's and also their soy nuggets. They have great stuff that Lane loves!!

Mary
Lane 4/6/03