PDA

View Full Version : Anyone peeling grapes for baby? How????

deborah_r
03-30-2004, 06:14 PM
I've read that grapes should be peeled for baby, then cut in quarters. Well, I've been cutting in eighths and not peeling. How do you peel a grape without A) going crazy and B)peeling away most of the grape with the skin?

mharling
03-30-2004, 06:28 PM
I think this depends on personal preference and your comfort level with Kai's eating. Just as you have been doing, we cut grapes in 8 and do not peel them.

I think I remember an old thread surveying whether or not people peeled grapes. Let me see if I can find it.

*ETA:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=13715&mesg_id=13715&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=6256&mesg_id=6256&listing_type=search

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

jubilee
03-30-2004, 07:11 PM
I started off peeling grapes, but what a hassle it was! Now I cut into 6 pieces and everything is fine.

amp
03-30-2004, 07:41 PM
I have never peeled a grape in my life! I don't even know if I could do it before DS went nuts! I slice the grapes into about 3 slices and then quarter the slices, so he gets little bits, but unpeeled. He LOVES them!

houseof3boys
03-30-2004, 11:53 PM
I did this on two grapes before and ended up just saying screw it and just gave him the others cut up small with the skin. Geez, there is "skin" on beans, peas and tons of other stuff to worry about. I gave him raisins cut up (okay, so I smushed them off myself) and gave him the skin on those too. I think just use your best judgement with the size you cut them up since you know what Kai can handle.

I love when you ask food questions everyday since they are all things I wonder or have just thought about too!!!!!!

cinrein
03-31-2004, 09:21 AM
There was no peeling of grapes in my house. :)

I just cut the pieces small enough so that if the skin came off in her mouth, it wouldn't be large enough to block her windpipe. I hesitate to tell you to cut it in quarters, sixths or whatever because it depends on the size of the grape.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

mharling
03-31-2004, 01:24 PM
That's a good point. We had some gargantuan grapes that I cut into 16!!!

Mary
Lane 4/6/03