PDA

View Full Version : Question on burping

divabell
03-30-2004, 08:58 PM
I always try to burp DS after BFing--he usually doesn't burp, though. Lately I've noticed that almost every time I get him up from a nap, he almost immediately burps on his own. I'm wondering if this might be a reason why his naps are really short (usually no longer than 45 minutes). I often nurse him right before his naps, so I've been trying extra hard to get him to burp, and he never does. I also tried putting him down for a nap without nursing him right before, and the naps were still short, and he sometimes still burped as soon as he got up. I don't think he has reflux, since he doesn't really have the classic symptoms, but I do wonder if these two things are related. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

redhookmom
03-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Have you tried different burping positions. My DS would not burp in an upright position. If I laid him down on my lap and rubbed his back he would burp. My DH sweared by "rub, rub, pat, pat."

divabell
03-30-2004, 10:23 PM
No, that's a good point! He used to always burp in the upright position so I didn't think to try something different. I will try that next time--thanks!