PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Formula in Dr Browns Bottles

JustMare
04-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Friday I attended the LI Children's Expo and spoke with a rep from Dr. Browns. I just had to complain to him how the bottles leaked when you mixed formula in them. He said this is a very popular complaint and they are looking into developing a better "seal".

The rep also stated that it's too bad I don't live in St. Louis where the company is located since that's where they do their testing. St. Louis mom's who use Dr. Brown's bottles can contact the company to be apart of the test market.

Just wanted to pass on the info...

JenCA
04-05-2004, 03:55 PM
That's the only thing that drives me crazy about Dr. Brown's bottles. We use the little disks when mixing DD's formula to help prevent leakage, and that helps somewhat. It's good to know the company is working to rectify the issue!

mom to little e
04-08-2004, 11:52 AM
How do you mix the formula in the Dr. Browns bottles? We use the bottles, add water to the appropriate mark, add the formula, and then use a small whisk to mix the forumula. No shaking, no leaks. We started that way from the beginning - it mixes the formula but creates less bubbles (and we thought, less gas!)

Might be an idea to consider.

...Casey

Mommy to
Ean Bennett 11/06/03

newmomto1
05-21-2004, 12:56 AM
Do you use the wide mouth bottles or the regular??
I started with the regular...but switched to the wide mouth for a couple reasons..one being that the seal is much better which enables you to shake the formula.
On the wide mouth bottles, that rubber piece at the top actually fits into the bottle instead of resting on top of it.

mom to little e
05-22-2004, 08:23 AM
Yes, we do use the wide mouth bottles. We never have had any leaking problems so maybe that is the problem... I have just loved these bottles from day one. No leaking, easy to hold, easy to clean... very happy with them.

Casey
Ean 11/06/03

writeleigh
05-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Oh, I'm glad! We use Dr. Browns - the narrow bottles - and they leak now and then, though certainly not every time we use them.

Melanie
05-24-2004, 12:18 AM
We used them, briefly, with EBM and I would put it into a little portable warmer and it would leak! I wasn't even shaking them.