PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Savings Time Change & Pumping

hez
04-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Random question (maybe it's been asked before?): Did Daylight Savings time throw me off???

This week my pumping output at work has shifted a bit, and I'm thinking it's related to the time change this weekend. I was getting somewhere between 5 & 7 ounces per session three times a day at work, for a total of ~19-20 ounces, sometimes more, sometimes less. Yesterday my first session was a whopping 4.5 ounces, second was 6 (and I had to wait for the 2nd letdown), and third was 9. So, I got my usual total, but I was a little worried early on. I'm pumping at the same times I did last week, but it's an hour 'earlier' with the time change.

Anyone else notice something similar, or should I blame it on not drinking enough water earlier in the day? :)

stillplayswithbarbies
04-07-2004, 10:38 AM
I'll bet it was the time change affecting it somewhat.

Did the baby eat earlier that morning or at the usual time on the clock? If it was the usual time on the clock then it was still the same number of hours until you pumped, but if baby ate earlier on the clock, then there were less hours until you pumped, so it wouldn't have built up as much storage. Make sense?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

hez
04-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks Karen... He's never been totally consistent with his late night/early morning feedings, which can affect my pump-at-home (before work) session. My pump-at-work sessions had been more consistent, regardless of the pump-at-home session. I'm back to more even production so far today, so I'm hoping it was just the time change.

It's amazing how the littlest thing can affect your output, even on an hourly basis!