PDA

View Full Version : Question about Prima Pappa straps

ekbecker1
04-08-2004, 02:34 PM
This may sound like a dumb question, but can someone tell me how to install the straps on the Prima Pappa high chair? I can't tell if I have them installed correctly and, of course, the famously awful Peg directions book is no help!.

The way I have it installed right now, the harness comes up from the back edge of the seat (right where the seat ends and the back begins). So I put the poor kid in the seat and then try to fish the straps out from under his bottom and get them over his shoulder, down his chest and strapped into the buckle between his legs. This can't be correct!

I've seen some pictures online and it looks like the straps are supposed to feed through the seat cushion and come out near the shoulders somewhere - similar to the harness on a car seat. But my seat cushion doesn't have holes in that area. Does anyone have this same problem or, better yet, a solution?!

Thanks!

Momof3Labs
04-08-2004, 03:13 PM
There are five-point seats and three-point seats. I have a five-point seat (and harness) but the extra cover that I bought is only three-point, so I had to cut holes in the cover to feed through the shoulder straps. Is your cover original to the seat? When was it all purchased?

ekbecker1
04-09-2004, 01:42 PM
I think I have a five-point harness - it has a buckle that goes between the legs as well as straps that go over the shoulders. Sounds like I must have a three-point cover though. The chair was purchased about 3 years ago (I'm borrowing it from my SIL, so this is the first time I'm using it. She never used the straps so she isn't sure how they are supposed to work either). When you cut the holes in the cover, did that work out?

Momof3Labs
04-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Yes, it worked fine. I had a vinyl cover, and it started to tear a little after a while, but by then Colin started to boycott the high chair so I didn't worry about it!