PDA

View Full Version : How big a sin was this?

sarahfran
04-09-2004, 12:39 AM
DS and I trekked to Ikea today. I was starved by the time we got there, and had a sandwich. I bought a box of ginger snaps and munched a few. DS started screeching at me, so I (I'm wincing now) broke a teeny bit off and gave it to him. He loved it, and asked for more... which I gave. And then asked for more...see where this is going?

So the question is-- how terrible was it? These were the IKEA cookies--you know, not like normal sugary American cookies, but clearly not good for him. And of course they had wheat in them.

OK, hit me with it... I'm ready.

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

papal
04-09-2004, 12:42 AM
mmmm... Ikea ginger snaps.

Sarah.. i am sure Dylan will be fine!! Don't worry!!

I have fed Leela Dippin Dots at the mall when she was 3 months old (a couple of dots...she wanted more but i did not care to share.)

s_gosney
04-09-2004, 01:11 AM
So this is the confessional thread? :) I've honestly been very good about this, but I can't say the same for DH. He has let her taste lots of things that aren't good for her. It's so hard when your baby wants what you've got so badly! :) Don't feel bad...

peanut4us
04-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Um, I have tried to avoid giving Sara nutritionless food... and dagnabit it the animal crackers taht DH has be surreptitiously giving to her did not cause her to finally ues her first sign "cracker". I think the occasional cookie is OK. And Sara started wheat at about your daughter's age.

McQ
04-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Declan loves animal crackers. And I let him have a couple a day and don't feel too bad about it. I wouldn't worry about the ginger snaps. Nor the wheat. Cheerios has wheat in it and Declan's had them for months.

And here's my confession ~ Declan's starting to get super picky about what he's eating these days so I'm trying a bunch of things. I gave him bolonga last night and he scarfed it down like nobody's buisness.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

new_mommy25
04-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Lol, I wouldn't worry to much about it. Once at a restaurant DS was screaming so I gave him some buttered toast. He LOVED it. He mostly played with it, very little actually entered his mouth. When I got home I was thinking, wow, I've got to give him toast more often. Then it hit me, Oh crap, Wheat!! I freaked out but luckily DS is fine with no allergy reactions. I haven't given him any since though. DH and I have no family history of allergies so I'm hping DS is the same.

sarahfran
04-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks, everyone, for being such a great support group!

So I officially feel really bad because Dylan now has a bit of eczema on his cheek. The good news is that I won't be tempted to try feeding him ginger snaps for a long while.I hope this isn't the first sign of a wheat allergy.

Ahhhh yes. From one neurotic concern to the next... Maybe DH is right afterall. Perhaps I am a bit crazy! :)

Thanks again, gang!
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)