PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about this Annie lady...(tried it/update & review)

McQ
04-09-2004, 09:52 AM
I've seen a bunch of posts raving about Annie's Mac & Cheese. And today there have been props for Annie's Cheddar Bunnies. Why are these so good? Just because they are organic? I'm really not into organic one way or the other but if this stuff is super yummy and the little ones like it better, then I may just give it a try. Although I hate hauling myself over to Whole Foods and TJs gives me the willies. So sell me on why I should do this :)

eta: We tried the mini-shells & cheddar and in my opinion it tasted just like boxed mac & cheese. And I'll admit to being a mac & cheese snob as I haven't had boxed stuff since college because I usually make my own (which I hadn't given Declan because it has egg in it). So if it's between that and Kraft, I'll go with the Kraft as I can't imagine the "bad" stuff being that bad in the relatively small amounts he'll eat. And I just can't see spending an additional 70 cents more a box for it.

Now Declan on the other hand, gobbled it up. But we'll try my homemade and see how he likes that.

And as to why TJs gives me the willies (and not to offend because I know lots here LOVE the place) but I think the place kind of smells. And when I walk around the aisles I get a little freaked as I don't know the brands and the ones I see just look so weird. I'm not into organic stuff and I don't like olives or many potato products. And I seem to see a lot of that stuff there.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

713abc
04-09-2004, 10:10 AM
I just bought both of those products last night at Whole Foods. I tried the Cheddar Bunnies and they are very yummy.

In addition to being organic, they have no chemicals or bad oils and all that artificial stuff that is not good for us. That's why I am trying them out. Also, the Bunnies come in cute little 1 oz packages that are great for daycare, and for keeping the bag from going stale if you have a light/begginer eater (and from keeping me and DH from devouring them all ourselves!).

Mom to Max, 05/28/03

C99
04-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Is this different than the Amy's Organics line? Where can I find it?

ismommy
04-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Allison,

I give it to Bella just becuase it doesnt have all the articifical junk. Also you dont have to go to whole foods or tj(which I love) Giant carries it as well. not sure about safeway
Helene
mommy to Isabella

wagner36
04-09-2004, 12:41 PM
We've been eating Annie's mac and cheese for years. I just like the taste better - it seems much less artificial and chemical tasting than the kraft.

My absolute FAVORITE is the Annie's Peace Pasta and Parmesean - it is SO delicious with some broccoli and pepper.

Yum....

calebsmama03
04-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Ditto! :)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

s7714
04-09-2004, 01:54 PM
I personally like the Trader Joes Mac & Cheese better than Annie's, but TJs isn't actually organic I don't think, it just doesn't have preservatives. I haven't tried the Cheddar Bunnies yet.

They sell the Annie's products at my local Albertson's. You could always submit a request at your local market to see if they'd start carrying it. The ones here in my area are really good about ordering products if they get a couple of requests for them. (Have a couple friends request too. ;) )

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

JElaineB
04-09-2004, 04:55 PM
They do have a website if you want to check them out: http://www.annies.com.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

lisams
04-09-2004, 05:28 PM
We just had that for lunch!! I agree, add some brocolli and a chicken breast, and it is a super yummy and healthy meal!! DD also likes to poke her finger through the noodle and stick it in her mouth - she has an easier time with these than the regular mac noodles.

Lisa

lizajane
04-10-2004, 08:56 AM
nothing artifical, no preservatives, no trans fats, tastes better, organic!

they sell them at harris teeter and kroger, too, in our area.

Vajrastorm
04-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Annie's Mac n Cheese is TASTY. My husband could care less about organic, and he is a Mac N Cheese lover (his comfort food). I had him try Annie's once and he loved it, so now our house is Kraft free :) Plus, I'm willing to eat Annie's too. Once Aine gets old enough for Mac n Cheese, I will feel perfectly happy giving her Annie's.

Amy's is a different company altogether.

proggoddess
04-11-2004, 01:23 PM
I think they also make a variety with whole wheat pasta. I've eaten it myself, it's pretty tasty. (DD is only 2 weeks old, so she won't be eating them anytime soon...)

egoldber
04-11-2004, 02:12 PM
OK, I gotta know. Why does TJs give you the willies?

deborah_r
04-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Thanks for pointing that out. For some reason in my head I have been lumping Amy's and Annie's together!

suribear
04-13-2004, 03:10 AM
Not that it matters, but I have to disagree on this one. We all think Annies tastes LOADS better than Kraft. No comparison!

Even *I* eat it for a snack LOL but I won't touch the Kraft mac and cheese with a ten foot pole (believe me, I tried when I was desparate and ended up throwing it away).

Kris

Jen in Chicago
04-13-2004, 09:45 AM
I bought a box at TARGET last week. Have not tried it yet. I have to admit, I love TJ's mac and cheese.