PDA

View Full Version : Earth's Best Cerial Now Made With More Iron

713abc
04-09-2004, 10:18 AM
I was at Whole Foods last night and noticed that Earth's Best cerials are now being made with more iron. "Excellent Source of Iron for Infants" was on the front of some of the boxes and that's what made me look at the nutritional value on the box again.

The boxes with that phrase on the front have 45% iron, while the boxes without that phrase (there were many of these on the shelves still) have the old iron levels (35% for brown rice, 25% for oatmeal & multi-grain).

Thought I would let you all know, b/c many of us are worried about getting enough iron into our babies diets, and some have not used Earth's Best cerial b/c it had lower iron than the others. Now it looks like that issue has been solved!

Mom to Max, 05/28/03

houseof3boys
04-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Yeah!!!! Thanks, I hope my Whole Foods has the new one.

JenCA
04-10-2004, 11:37 AM
Thanks for this information! We've been feeding DD Earth's Best rice cereal and not been to concerned about the iron content because she's getting iron-fortified formula. But, it's good to know that Earth's Best has increased the iron content--that will be good when DD starts whole milk! :)

jd11365
04-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Yes, I had switched to Beechnut when I saw it had less iron. Now I can go back...yeah!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

momma_boo
04-12-2004, 11:29 AM
I noticed this the other day as well. They also make them in the single-serving pouches now also (I had not seen these before from Earth's Best). I bought a box of those ( I just use it to thicken her yogurt to make it easier to feed).