PDA

View Full Version : Do you worry about food that *may* have peanut traces? (Annie's Cheddar Bunnies!)

JElaineB
04-09-2004, 05:06 PM
I was just on the Annie's website and I noticed that under the Cheddar Bunnies info it says, "Please note, peanut sensitive individuals should be aware that there is a risk for cross-contamination."!?!?! http://www.annies.com/products/crackers.html. It does not say anything about this on the package! I have not given DS any Cheddar Bunnies yet, but I'm not sure if I should. I have (as far as I know) avoided any foods for him that say they *may* contain tree peanuts/tree nuts or are processed in the same facility or on the same equipment as peanuts/tree nuts. Do others do the same or do you just worry if peanuts/tree nuts are an actual ingredient? The Annie's info I just found threw me for a loop because I thought this kind of info would *always* be on the package. What do people do who are really sensitive to peanuts? These crackers could apparently cause a problem for them without any indication except on the website!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

etwahl
04-09-2004, 06:32 PM
well i admit i only worry about products that don't have any nuts in the ingredient list. if they say it has been processed in a facility that also uses nuts, i don't worry about it, mostly because A LOT of stuff says this, and i'm not willing to give up that much. but that's just me, and i do feel i'm cautious. but then again, if i knew of a serious allergy (no one on either side of our family has a nut allergy but we do have "allergies" in the family), i'd definitely steer clear of any possible risk.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

lizajane
04-10-2004, 08:54 AM
we aren't worried at all. i don't give him anything with nuts, but i don't worry about the possibilites of "contamination."

egoldber
04-10-2004, 10:09 AM
I agree with Tammy and Liza. For the peanut sensitive that info is important, when even a trace could cause anaphalaxis. But for just generally trying to avoid peanuts and tree nuts, I wouldn't worry about it.

HTH,

deborah_r
04-10-2004, 01:44 PM
I have been worried about things that have the "possibility of nuts". But he's probably had some here and there - if I notice it on the package, then I don't get it for him. But I've probably missed some.