PDA

View Full Version : Best Sippy Cup?

farsk
04-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Hello Everyone!

What sippy cup do you like best? We have both the Avent and Gerber, and right now, Ellen prefers the Gerber. What does your baby like?

Thanks!

jubilee
04-10-2004, 03:24 AM
I have Avent, a playtex one, and the Take and Toss ones- and hands down it is the Take and Toss ones. No valve, easy to clean and assemble, it's a winner. Only downside- no handles.

lizajane
04-10-2004, 08:52 AM
we have avent, playtex, gerber and take n toss. schuyler likes them all just fine. the take and toss are handy, yes. but 1) they leak and 2)the come apart when tossed on the floor. i would not use them as my only cup. my favorites are the 4 oz avent bottles with the nipples switched out for the green avent sippy spouts. perfect for his tiny hands. and you can add the avent handles, too, if you like.

s7714
04-11-2004, 01:08 AM
I tried to get Annalia to use the Avent and Gerber ones for several months with not much success. She loved sucking on the handles more than the spout.

I finally bought some of the Take and Toss beginner sippy cups and she immediately started drinking from them. The beginner cups are molded so that they are easy to hold on to, instead of just being a round bowl shape. The big draw back is that they do leak. I haven't had one open on me yet, but considering that she can open the Take and Toss snack containers on her own, I imagine it's only a matter of time before she opens and dumps the sippy cups too. :(

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

sarsah
04-11-2004, 07:11 AM
We like the Gerber ones. I've used Avent, Playtex & Take N Toss with my older DS and the Gerber ones by far leak less and are easier to clean.

Neither of my children really took to the Avent ones, which is a shame because I have a cupboard full of Avent bottles going to waste, but they just didn't like them. For DS#1, I think using the sippy spouts on the Avent bottles just made him mad -- he wanted a bottle, not a sippy cup.

The Take N Toss ones were great until DS#1 figured out how to get the top off -- really easy for him to do, even before he turned 2.

I used the Playtex cups a lot for DS#1 and they tend to leak something awful as the valves are used. Also, the soft plastic valves seem to get 'yucky' pretty quick and I was constantly having to buy new ones. My mom gave us some of the Gerber cups and I've liked them from day 1.

Most of my playgroup has also switched to the Gerber cups and we are all much happier now. My one complaint is that the larger cups (hour glass shaped ones) don't fit in cupholders (in the stroller, booster seat, etc.) and are hard to fit in the bottle pocked of the dipaer bag.

Sarah.......mom to Jason & Devin

stillplayswithbarbies
04-11-2004, 07:01 PM
what does everyone think of the Tupperware sippy cups?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

ppshah
04-11-2004, 10:02 PM
So far DS likes the Gerber ones the best.But it's probably different with every child so get 1 of each and see what she does. We also tried the Avent and Evenflo. He uses all different kinds at daycare.

smkinc
04-13-2004, 12:54 AM
I have avent and a playtex and the First Year's washable version of the take and toss (I think it's similar to the tupperware ones). Hands down favorite--the First Year's I like them for all the reasons people like the take and toss, they're easy to wash--plus it's like $4 for 4 cups with lids.

I am wondering, though--does anyone know if the Tupperware lids will fit the First Year's cups? We always seem to lose the lids and while I don't need more cups I DO need more lids.

Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03
and our 'first' Curie (6 year old Golden Retriever)

Edited for grammar.