PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the disposable spoons

redhookmom
04-10-2004, 11:34 PM
I went to Target today to pick up some small spoons. The ones I liked best were the "disposable" ones. I am not sure why they are considered disposable since they can be washed.

I am wondering if they are made out of one of the bad plastics that you are not suppose to wash and reuse. Does anybody know anything about this?

Momof3Labs
04-11-2004, 12:05 AM
No, you can wash and reuse as much as you want. The point is that they are super cheap, so if you are out and about and feel like tossing them out (or if you lose one), it isn't a big deal. We've been using Take n Toss sippies over and over again for months, and they are great!

sarsah
04-11-2004, 07:16 AM
We've been using them since September (all from the same original package) and they are by far the best feeding spoons I've used. I bought a package of the metal ones made by the same company and I hardly ever use the metal ones.

I think the idea is that they are inexpensive, so if you want to toss them, it's no big deal. They have held up really well and I highly recommend them.

Sarah........mom to Jason & Devin

amp
04-11-2004, 11:08 AM
They just call them that because they are affordable enough to toss if necessary and you don't feel bad about losing them. We use the Take & Toss snack containers, storage containers and sippy cups. We always run them through the dishwasher.

trumansmom
04-11-2004, 11:12 AM
We liked those as well.

And we've been using the same Take 'n Toss cups for over a year and a half!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

egoldber
04-11-2004, 02:15 PM
I never had the spoons, but we've been using the same Take N Toss cups and snack cups for almost 2 years! I love the bigger cups now to use for snacks in the diaper bags. I fill it half full of Cheerios and she's less likely to spill them from the big cup than from the smaller "official" snack size cups.

HTH,

houseof3boys
04-11-2004, 03:59 PM
The take n toss spoons are the ones I reach for the most. I prefer them over the other 2 brands of spoons that we have. I now I have 2 packs of them and just put them in the dishwasher just like everything else. We use the sippy's too!