PDA

View Full Version : One Year & Milk

McQ
04-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Just wondering if you all have switched your babes over to whole/organic/soy milk yet. And if so, which one and how's it going?

We switched Declan over to whole milk this weekend. We started giving 50/50 formula/milk and so far (knock on wood) he seems to be doing okay with it.

What signs should I be looking out for that he's having a problem? What signs are "normal" that I should expect to see but shouldn't freak out about?

Thanks!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

Momof3Labs
04-12-2004, 10:17 AM
You might want to check out Jamie's milk allergy/intolerance thread that she started yesterday - I posted this link, which is a good source of info on what to watch for:

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/3/t032100.asp

We also talk about lactose intolerance a bit in that thread (since Colin is lactose intolerant).

momma_boo
04-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Well, we started out giving whole milk to her mixed in with her morning cereal at daycare. (She'd never let me feed her baby food these days, but will eat it at daycare). We've also been giving her cold milk with her meals in a sippy/straw cup and she's actually been drinking it. We never did a mixture and she seems ok. She does still get one bottle of EBM at daycare at the end of the day (intially cut it out, but she was getting up at night to nurse A LOT to make up for it, I think).

One day I gave her a bottle of warmed milk and she took it ok (no mix).

We didn't have any issues of intolerance.