PDA

View Full Version : What kind of formula do you use?

Mia31
04-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Hi!
I was wondering what kinds of forula do you ladies use. I've heard that Enfamil is great, and any time i've given it to her (just a few times) she loves it. Do you reccomend I just stick with that one being that she does like it?
TIA!!

Eloise36
04-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Yes, I will definitely stick to your current formula, especially since DD likes it! I personally feel most formula are comparable, and I would stick with whatever works for you. DS is breastfed for the most part but gets an occasional bottle of formula when we are out. He also takes some formula with rice cereal. We started out with Similac when he was a few weeks old, but switched to Nestle Good Start a month ago because he absolutely refused to take Similac anymore.

Cheers,

jamsmu
04-12-2004, 11:16 PM
If your ds likes something, and doesn't have reactions to it, definitely stick with it. I've heard from DS' ped not to change formulas without talking it over with the ped first. (but you can ask your ped about switching to the generic brand.) My ped recommended it and its saved us hundreds already!

Jen in Chicago
04-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Jude gets Similac at daycare, and we feed him Kirkland (Costco) Brand at home. He has had Enfamil on occassion since we had the 4 oz on the go packets. He is not picky and never has had a reaction.

Friends love the store brand formulas.

amp
04-13-2004, 11:25 AM
We used Enfamil Lipil until DS was about 7 mths old. Now we use Target's Healthy Baby or Walmart's Parent's Choice (which are both made by Wyeth and are the same). Both are the lipil version. We tried a couple different formulas in the beginning, but our ped recommended the Enfamil Lipil, but also said if we picked a different one, to stick with it and not keep changing, since that is hard on infant bellies. She also noted that the frequent change could cause gas and we should try a formula for about 2 weeks before determining that *it* was the cause of the gas and not the switch itself.

So bottom line...pick the one you want and just stick with it consistently.

ghs517
04-13-2004, 10:00 PM
We use Nestle Good Start. DD is exclusively formula fed, and she was quite gassy initially on Enfamil. A friend recommended Good Start, and DD has been happy with it ever since.

GHS, mom to Bella, 6 mos.

almostmom
04-14-2004, 03:48 PM
What about organic formula? I'm about to switch over, and don't know what kind to use, but in general want my DH to have organic when possible.