PDA

View Full Version : More healthful Wheat Thins?

COElizabeth
04-12-2004, 07:58 PM
James loves Wheat Thins (and who can blame him?). Does anyone know of a cracker that doesn't have hydrogenated oils but tastes similar?

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

sadie427
04-12-2004, 10:23 PM
If you are near Trader Joes, try "mini-stone wheat crackers." They are very healthy, no hydrogenated oils. I can't say they taste just like Wheat Thins, but I think they taste really good, and Sammy likes them too! And they do look similar, the same size.

stillplayswithbarbies
04-12-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm not sure if they taste the same, but Kashi TLC 7-grain crackers are good.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

divabell
04-13-2004, 03:29 PM
I really like these, too. I agree they're not like Wheat Thins, but they're very good!

713abc
04-13-2004, 04:18 PM
We recently discovered Wheatettes made by Hain (I think that's the name, I'll check the pantry when I get home and post a correction if necessary). They are the healthy version of wheat thins, and taste great. DH and I eat a ton of them (don't give them to DS yet but will once he gets past his gagging on non-pureed food issue).

I buy them in my local grocery store, Whole Foods also sells them. I don't think I can tell the difference between these and the regular Wheat Thins.

Mom to Max, 05/28/03

alkagift
04-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Elizabeth,
Not that this helps right now, but I read in my local paper that Nabisco is taking the hydrogenated oils out of triscuits and then wheat thins--triscuits first, I think. There will be mandatory trans fat labeling and they're trying to eliminate the trans fat from most of their items before the labels show the truth! This should also help the graham cracker issues that I have with DS (like Nita, I guess!)

Allison
Mommy to Matthew