PDA

View Full Version : Funny Older Baby Nursing Positions

wagner36
04-14-2004, 10:54 PM
Okay, PLEASE tell me that it isn't only DS who likes to nurse in funny (odd and ha-ha) nursing positions. He simply REFUSES to be held when nursed these days. His favorite positions are 1) me lying on the couch while he STANDS on the side and nurses, 2) me lying on my back on the bed, while he sits and leans over, and 3) Tummy to tummy while I'm sitting in a chair (sort of like the spider I used to do on the swings as a kid).

The standing thing is very recent - since he started walking a couple of weeks ago. But, even for his (still all-too-frequent) night nursings, he will sit up and nurse while I'm lying down, and then he'll lie down when he's done and go to sleep.

Is this just a stage?? Please share your baby's favorite nursing position!

mamicka
04-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Lawrence did those too, but never at night!!! That's hysterical!

Allison

mharling
04-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Aside from #2 and #3 that you mentioned, Lane will sit to nurse while I lay on my side. This is (was) usually on the floor in the middle of all his toys.

I am LOL at #1!!!!

If this is a stage, it's a LONG one. :)

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

s_gosney
04-14-2004, 11:51 PM
That is hilarious! We're not quite there yet as Kylee is just getting good at sitting. But, she has adopted a rather strange position herself. If I'm cradling her to eat on the right side, she likes to turn her head to where her right ear is against my chest. This means that my nipple is doing a U-turn to get in her mouth. It sounds like the adventures may just be beginning! :)

calebsmama03
04-15-2004, 12:37 AM
LOL! Yep, Caleb does this too. He will still nurse "normally" but when he's not really hungry or when he's getting ready to be done he does #3 from your list. He'll also try to sit next to me on the couch or stand on my lap!!(I end things when that one happens!!)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

mommyj_2
04-15-2004, 03:58 AM
OMG....My DS just started all these things recently as well. I think it must go with their increased mobility. It's totally cracking me up!

bluej
04-15-2004, 08:37 AM
Yep, Ryden did the sitting and nursing. For me, thankfully, it was just a phase (lasted about 2 weeks). I didn't find it all that comfortable, especially when he'd want to rest his head against my breast which would result in stretching and twisting my nipple unimaginable lengths.

Now lying on the couch while he would stand and nurse....why couldn't Ryden have come up with something comfortable like that!

MartiesMom2B
04-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Martie will nurse in the number 3 position. She'll still nurse the traditional side way too.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

houseof3boys
04-15-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm sure I have this to look forward to when Ryan starts walking. Right now, he likes to nurse starting on his side (lying down) and then move to his tummy and pull my nipple along with him. He also likes to put his butt in the air while doing this too. It's all very exciting for him and not very exciting for mommy! I just wish he would stop trying to poke my eyes out, put his finger in my nose and then in my mouth!!!!!