PDA

View Full Version : Can DD eat peas, corn, mac and cheese?

DeeEast
06-23-2004, 12:35 PM
She's 10.5 months old and has four teeth. If I give her mac and cheese SHELLS (not macaroni), do I have to run it through the hand food grinder first or can she eat the little shells?

Also, what is the Nubby sippy cup that someone mentioned to me earlier?

amp
06-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Corn is considered to be allergenic, so lots of people hold off on that. My DS was eating corn at that age though. He also eats peas. He also eats pasta, including shells, and was doing so at 10.5 mths and none of it went through any grinder. He was primarly on finger food by that age and pretty much doesn't have any interest in any pureed food whatsoever.

Jen in Chicago
06-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Sure! Jude was eatting these things around 9 mos. I believe. Corn I don't give him much b/c I know it is hard to digest, but if it is in something he eats it.

I started with canned peas, and now I give him the frozed ones with carrots.

bigsis
06-24-2004, 02:52 AM
I don't know about corn b/c the only corn my DD gets is from Gerber. But as for peas, I get the frozen ones and microwave it. Of course, cool it first before serving. And I started my 10 mo old on Mac N Cheese. I just made sure to cook the noodles a little longer. She liked them!

As for the Nuby sippy cup, I've only found them at WalMart. And I think they just changed their name to Parents' Choice. They're a good deal as far as sippy cup goes. I think they're $2.99 instead of the usual $3.99 per cup. The valve is also good b/c it's harder to take them out for the babies.

JElaineB
06-24-2004, 09:28 AM
I probably still cut up pasta shells at that point, but that's just me. Unless they were *really* soft. I wouldnt' think they need to be ground up though.

I think the Nuby sippy cup that most people talk about is available at least at Walmart for around $1.50 each. They come in clear plastic with a mostly solid colored cap. I have seen red, blue and yellow, and maybe a yellowish-green. It has a large soft spout with three holes (no valve)that close when the baby is not sucking on it. There is a large finger indentation area on the cup part so it is easier to hold. It looks a lot like a huge bottle. DS uses them sometimes, but he had a hard time figuring them out at first.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

aguinn
06-26-2004, 09:46 AM
my 10.5 mo/old DS **LOVES** annie's shells & cheese, and now that i've tried it i won't ever go back to kraft again! it's quite tasty! you shouldn't have to use the grinder unless you have choking issues with other foods. peas should be ok, too, as long as they are well cooked. i'd hold off in the corn since it can be hard to digest (think of what it does to an adult's tummmy! ick).

another suggestion: have you tried blueberries? DS would eat them until the cows come home if i let him!

;)amy
proud momma to aidan