PDA

View Full Version : isis users ...

urquie
06-24-2004, 02:44 PM
i'm using the isis starter pump kit and it came with 6 disposable bottles (3 times use each). i want to freeze my milk 1-2 times per week and i'm about to run out of the bottles. what should i buy now? new bottles? liner bags? both? what kind? what do all you experts do? thanks!

Laurelsmom2002
06-24-2004, 03:24 PM
I used the Lanasoh bags, they zip lock- never had a leak. I would freeze them flat w/ 2oz in each bag, that way none would be wasted

stillplayswithbarbies
06-24-2004, 03:40 PM
those disposable bottles were not available when I first started pumping, but if they were I would have used them.

Once I got so much in the freezer that I was running out of room, I stopped using bottles for storage and changed to the Gerber bags, and then eventually to the Pumpmate system.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

aliceinwonderland
06-24-2004, 11:00 PM
I pump into the Avent reusable bottles (the 9 oz these days), then dump what I don't need into the Gerber bags and freeze them. He gets fed out of the bottles the next day.

It works pretty well for us this way.

squimp
06-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Just my 2 cents - the Avent liner bags leak. One leaked onto my desk at work after I finished pumping! Other folks have had the same problem. I double bagged for a while, but then there was milk in between the two bags, which looked like a great place for bacteria to live. You also have to close the bags with a funny clip, rather than a zipperlock. I found the bag liner/bottle system leaked as well.

So I stocked up on Avent bottles. The milk's going to go in a bottle anyway, and it just made things simpler for us. The Avent bottles are nice because you can buy the sippy cup adapter and they work great. But I only work 4hrs a day, hence one bottle per day. If I were pumping more or doing day care, I would have found some more sturdy bags with zipperlocks as suggested above.

KrisM
06-25-2004, 04:39 PM
If the disposable bottles had been out when I started pumping, I would have used those. I use the Gerber bags, which work fine, but they are a pain to store in the freezer. The bottles might take up more room when they are only half full, but they would stack much better. Once I run out of bags, I think I'll switch to the disposable bottles.

Kris

stillplayswithbarbies
06-25-2004, 10:39 PM
if you lay the bags flat to freeze, then you can stack them. I had a shoebox in the freezer that I put them in after they were frozen, oldest at the back. So I just had to take the new one out of the front and put the frozen ones from yesterday at the back.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

urquie
07-01-2004, 03:45 PM
thanks for all the feedback!

KrisM
07-01-2004, 09:45 PM
Great idea. I'm going to start doing that. I had been standing them up so that I could see how many ounces were in the bag. I'll just write it on the side and lay it down flat.

Thanks!

Kris

stillplayswithbarbies
07-02-2004, 11:24 AM
I found that the ounce markings on the bags were way off. The only way to know how much was in the bag was to pump into a bottle first.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03