PDA

View Full Version : info on pumping and airports

ohiomom
06-25-2004, 10:51 PM
I just went on a carefully timed (from a pumping standpoint) business trip that the airline managed to screw up with cancelled flights and mechanical problems (on the 2nd plane). I decided I just HAD to pump, couldn't wait longer, went in the restroom and my batteries weren't working in my PY...AACCCCKKKKK!!!!!

So, I approached the women at the desk of the Admiral's Club (American) and right away she said "I knew what you were going to ask -- it happens all the time." She had me go on up to the club and they let me use the womens shower room -- great bench, outlet and PRIVATE! So, I didn't have to dump after all -- it was far nicer than our lactation room at work... despite the fact I'm not a member.

So, even though irritated with American over the delays and cancellations... they really came through when I needed it...

Nicole's Mom 7/03

stillplayswithbarbies
06-26-2004, 01:11 AM
that is awesome! I never even thought to ask to use the club.

I used to put my pump in my checked luggage and I guess I was always lucky that I didn't have longer delays.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

ohiomom
06-26-2004, 07:36 PM
I thought about packing pump in checked luggage. That would have been a painful mistake this trip!! :)

Nicole's Mom 7/30/03

sntm
06-29-2004, 10:00 AM
That's terrific! Good for them. For my conference, even having Jack with me, I took the pump as carry-on. If my checked luggage had gotten lost, I would have had a tough time making my meetings!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03