PDA

View Full Version : What brand bottles does everyone use for bottlefeeding?

ladythepup
06-28-2004, 06:22 PM
I am looking around to find out what brand bottles people are using for bottle feeding? are gerber and evenflo- the same as like a angle bottle - for gas or colicky baby. Does anyone use the evenflo comfort angled bottles. or does anyone use the tri flo. what do u all think about ventaire bottles are they just a gimmick for a colicky baby? I am trying to figure out what to buy. I dont like avent or dr. browns. I am bottle feeding so i dont need to go with the wide neck bottles right. I dont know what to buy.
what bottles did u hate what did u like?

Suggestions and Opinions Needed.
Thanks

Mel

Marisa6826
06-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Well, it's not really up to you, but up to your baby ;)

I have Avent bottles and love them. Is there a reason you don't like them?

-m

JElaineB
06-28-2004, 09:11 PM
We started with Avent but DS gagged on them so I went with Evenflo or Gerber 4 or 5 oz. bottles at first with Walmart Parent's Choice nipples. I later switched to Parent's Choice Angled bottles or Playtex Gripsters (?) bottles for when DS could hold them himself. If I end up bottle feeding another baby I will try the Playtex VentAire. I used it on my cousin's baby once and it really did seem to let in less air bubbles. I haven't tried any other less-gas type bottles though.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Raidra
06-28-2004, 10:16 PM
We use the plain old Evenflo bottles (the ones that are $2.99 for 3 bottles), and they've worked fine for us. The Avent bottles had too fast a flow for Colwyn, so we had to switch.

He never had much problems with gas, either, but that might be more to do with him than with the bottles.

Rikkele
06-28-2004, 10:49 PM
I have used the Avent bottles and really like them. Have also briefly tried the Playtex nurser system wtih Naturalatch nipples and drop in liners. They were also fine with no major problems for us. But just preferred to go with Avent since I had already purchased so many bottles. If you are not breastfeeding your baby will probably take to whatever you start with. We have not found a big difference in bottles for our gassy/colicky baby. What has actually made the biggest difference for us is putting a few drops of Mylicon in the formula to dissolve the bubbles.

vikivoly
06-29-2004, 01:07 AM
We used the Playtex disposables. I think they are the best to prevent air bubbles.

steph2003
06-29-2004, 02:25 PM
We started with Avent - DS never could get a good latch on those, plus I never figured out how to get them not to leak! I think that was mostly due to lack of sleep. We switched to Dr. Brown's because I'm convinced it helped with his gas & he could get a better grasp on the longer, thinner nipples.

dr mom
06-29-2004, 11:12 PM
We use Dr. Brown's wide neck, because DS is a very gassy baby and they seem to help...it's more pieces to wash, but worth it to me to spend a few minutes more washing bottles at night, rather than an hour soothing a crying, uncomfortable baby. And I love the wide neck because it's so much easier to clean and pour milk in without spilling. What I don't like: they are expensive!

-Cindy