PDA

View Full Version : Microwave sterilizer question

nicoleflynn
06-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Avent microwave sterilizer owners, how do you dry your bottles, nipples etc? There seems to be condensation on the bottles after sterilization and it doesn't go away even after 7-8 hours. I put bottles hanging from a peg on the bottle dry rack.

Also, I read somehere that you are not supposed to put Medela PIS parts and bottles into steam sterilizers. Is that true? Does it actualy do any harm? Medela has microwave steam bags. I wonder why that is safe but sterilizers aren't.

Thanks.

HelenD
06-30-2004, 02:22 PM
I dry mine upright, and they usually dry overnight. Usually. I tried putting them on the peg and it took forever for things to dry. So I put everything out on a clean dish cloth to dry, bottles right side up, nipples on their side, horns, yellow things, and the thingies that attatch to the horns and yellow things (I dunno what they are called) on the pegs.

I've used the Medela PIS parts/bottles in the Avent Steamer for about 7 months now. I haven't seen any harm.

YMMV.

Rikkele
06-30-2004, 07:46 PM
I had the same problem with the bottles and couldn't figure out why the condensation would never go away. DH said, well the water has no where to go. Once I started placing them upright with open end up they dry just fine in couple of hours. HTH!

Marisa6826
06-30-2004, 07:56 PM
We'd lay them out on clean dishrags. Incidently, you get a better seal on the collars and nipples of the Avents if you assemble them wet.

As far as Medela stuff goes, I had Lactina parts that I regularly put in the steriliser. I had no problems with them.

I can't see how it's any different than boiling them.

-m