PDA

View Full Version : Any difference between Earth's Best and Gerber Organic?

ChicagoMama
07-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Is there any difference between the Earth's Best brand and the Gerber Organic brand for baby food in jars? They are both certified by Oregon Tilth. Earth's Best costs a tad more, but since they still have a full 4 ounce jar instead of a 3.5 oz jar, it seems to work out. Sydney *seems* to like Earth's Best better - it seems "fresher" and less pasty coming out of the jar. It tastes better to me, too.

But is there a significant difference that anyone knows of between these two brands for organic baby food in jars?

Also- does anyone know how to get Earth's Best even cheaper - any wholesalers carry it or anything you know of?

TIA for your help!

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

lisams
07-01-2004, 05:50 PM
I *think* EB has less fillers added (less water, etc.) At our Whole Foods, you could get a discount if you bought a case of any flavor (I think a case was like 20 jars), you might want to ask if you have one near you. Also, go to the Earth's Best website and sign up to get coupons in the mail.

Lisa

jbowman
07-01-2004, 06:36 PM
You can usually find EB coupons in magazines as well (like American Baby). You can also get a 10% case discount (24 jars I believe) at Wild Oats (which is owned by Whole Foods I believe).

I bought a bunch of EB at Wild Oats recently. I used coupons + the case discount + EB was on sale (watch for the sales--they are great!). So I got a screamin' deal--I don't think we need to buy anymore baby food and the EB ended up costing about 1/2 as much as Gerber. HTH!

Vajrastorm
07-02-2004, 01:37 AM
I can only compare on one note - sweet potatoes.

Aine loves Gerber's organic sweet potatoes, but didn't like EB. I tasted them, and found that the EB was bitterin comparison. This was only one jar, mind you - but I stopped buying EB sweet potatoes.

ChicagoMama
07-02-2004, 07:52 AM
THANK YOU, Mamas!!
Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

murpheyblue
07-02-2004, 12:28 PM
I like EB better than the Gerber Organics. DD seems to like them much better and I think the appearence and flavor is superior. I've found EB is cheaper at Whole Foods than the larger chain stores. For the major chains, you can print coupons for money off your next purchase at this site:

http://www.valupage.com/Entry.pst