PDA

View Full Version : dishware for 1 year old?

chirshfield
07-04-2004, 10:11 PM
My son is now 1 years old and self feeding himself. I was wondering at what age did people introduce using a plate and if so what brand? What I am looking for is some kind of suction because the first thing he does is pick the plate up and dump the food all over the place. I have been using the high chair tray, but I am tired of washing it every time. Thanks so much for your help.

Carrie

kaitlinsmommy
07-05-2004, 12:44 AM
We have a Sassy suction bowl & I haven't been impressed with it. Actually, dd has some cute melamine plates & bowls (without suction) that I got from ordering Parents & Parenting magazines. We use them a lot but also still use TFY bowls. DD doesn't throw her food off her tray unless she's done eating so I haven't had problems without the suction bowls. I hope you find some good ones.

JElaineB
07-05-2004, 06:49 PM
As long as DS was in the high chair I put most things directly on his high chair tray. I did not start using plates until he refused to sit in the high chair and we moved him to a booster chair at the real table (about 18 or 19 months). I have used The First Years suction cup bowls successfully, both in the high chair and at the table. I have tried a few brands and these are the only ones that work. If you get them just don't put the suction cup part in the dishwasher, they will melt. As for plates, I just use our regular large dishware plates now that DS is at the table. He hasn't really ever thrown them on the floor because they are so heavy (though he has lifted them a couple of times).

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02