PDA

View Full Version : How to keep food warm?

cchavez
07-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Diego is finally starting to eat more table food but the minute it gets cold he doesn't want it anymore.....is there anything I can use to keep his food warm????

papal
07-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Hi Christine,
Can you give him a few tablespoons at a time in a bowl and keep the rest of it in a hot-case (insulated case thingies) ? When he is done with what is in the bowl then you can give him more? I sometimes make Leela's lunch and keep it in the hot-case if we have to run an errand.. when i come back it is just as hot.. no need to reheat and such.

cchavez
07-15-2004, 04:50 PM
I am going to try my mini crockpot....

what is a hotcase? Thanks!!

pritchettzoo
07-15-2004, 08:00 PM
I have the baby food warmer from my babyhood. It's very scary and my mom is offended that we don't use it. ;) If you do a search on ebay for "baby food warmer" there are lots of vintage items--most are sectioned plates with a compartment underneath for hot water. My old one plugs in to keep the water warm. Also, you can use a bottle warmer to keep the food warm--you'd just have to serve it out of a bottle-shaped thing.

Anna

miki
07-15-2004, 08:04 PM
>I have the baby food warmer from my babyhood.

Hee-hee, Anna. I had to read your post a few times before I realized "my babyhood" was not a baby products website like babystyle. Duh!

papal
07-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Umm.. it is an insulated case.. if you have an indian store nearby.. you can go check them out there.. relatively cheap.
A tortilla warmer might even work!
http://www.mexgrocer.com/10071.html