PDA

View Full Version : Who has breastfed while pregnant? How old was your baby?...

jerseygirl07067
07-16-2004, 01:19 PM
I know I've posted on a similar topic before, regarding whether or not it was okay to breastfeed while pregnant. The responses and the research I've done have said, yes, it's okay unless you're at high risk or your OB recommends otherwise. What I would like to hear are real life experiences from people. Did it hurt more, did your supply stay up, and how old was your baby? I'm asking this last question especially because most of the posts and people I've read about seemed to have babies over one or two years of age. DD is almost 7 months.

I want to ttc soon, but feel torn since I love breastfeeding and DD is only 6 1/2 months. I want to make it to year but wonder if it's possible. The two people that I have talked to who had babies around this age said that once they became pregnant they stopped. My other friend said her baby just stopped because of the taste change and then just self weaned at eight months, which was right around when she got pregnant.

I can't believe that I feel so torn over this, as I don't want the breastfeeding to end anytime soon, but I do want to have another little one sooner than later. But now I feel that if it means waiting a bit longer before ttc, I may just do that. I love the nursing relationship and for all I know, it may not even work with my next one, who knows? So I don't want to end it earlier than I have to.

(Of course I was very lucky the first time and got pg right away. Who knows what will happen this time, but if it happens quick again I want to know what to really expect!!)

Marcy

sntm
07-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Marcy, there are a lot of tandem nursers and women who have breastfed while pregnant on the www.mothering.com message boards (in case you don't get many answers here!) Especially check out the extended breastfeeding forum.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

deenass
07-17-2004, 12:27 AM
La Leche has a book on tandem nursing which you should check out. If there is a La Leche group in your area I would recommend that you check it out. Many La Leche moms and leaders tandem nurse and they can help you with real life experience.

jerseygirl07067
07-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the helpful info. I will check that out.