PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy nursing clothes...stylish BARGAINS?

jennyriver
07-19-2004, 03:45 AM
I'm looking for nursing tops and maybe a dress or 2 but don't want to spend a bunch for "temporary" clothes...finding used maternity clothes was relatively easy...finding used nursingwear isn't (i'm not into ebay for clothing...just TOO much to sort thru and not really super bargains for used stuff, i feel...) anyway, any OL stores you know of...and/or any coupons? besides Motherhood and Mimi, and other brick-and-mortar stores you can think of?

thanks!

kijip
07-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Motherwear has some nice stuff. I found that real nursing clothes were a pain. I mainly used shirts I could unbutton or pull up. The Maternity clothes forum might be more helpful.

sntm
07-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Ebay is a good source, as is the www.mothering.com Trading Post forum. I've got a few things listed there.

Here is an EXTENSIVE list I found once:
http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/nursing.html

I usually just used stretchy shirts, though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

squimp
07-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Just a thought - I didn't buy any "nursing" clothes. I just wear lots of knit Ts or woven button-up shirts with pants or skirts. I rarely ever wear dresses anymore though, because nursing is a challenge in them. (My sis had us in strapless skintight black satin bridesmaid dresses this May - imagine trying to nurse in that! I had to go to a back room and take off the dress in order to feed DD.) I have one dress with a "henley"-like button down front dress, which works OK for pumping at work. I don't like all that extra fabric in nursing tops - I had one shirt from my Mom, which wicked BM, and often I ended up soaked. They're hot as well.

The most important thing for me was a good nursing bra. I'm still nursing and working 28 hrs/week at 9 months. I finally broke down and went to Nordstrom for the Wacoal and a proper fitting - I was wearing a sad 40D from Motherhood, when I really needed a 36DDD!!!

jennyriver
07-19-2004, 05:00 PM
oooh..thanks! that's a great site :)