PDA

View Full Version : Repost in new category -- Eddie Bauer Wood Booster Chair

julierobin
07-20-2004, 10:55 AM
Hi -- Have any of you seen this wooden booster chair out by Eddie Bauer/Cosco? I think it is fairly new. The only place I have seen it for sale is at Baby Universe and it says "sold out."

Just wondering if any of you know anything about it or if you have seen one in stock some place?

http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro.asp?store=baby&lang=&id=45329&catid=267

Julie, Mommy to Ben 8/7/03
and Baby #2 EDD 1/05

Jajsmom
07-20-2004, 12:32 PM
I believe its due out in stores sometime in August. My son was a model for the package on this product so I've been on the lookout for it. I emailed the company and they said Aug. Please let me know if you see it in stores.

Thanks.

julierobin
07-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Thank you so much for the info! I will let you know right away when I receive mine (i ordered from WEB).

Julie, Mommy to Ben 8/7/03
and Baby #2 EDD 1/05

ekbecker1
08-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Sorry this is so long!!

I saw the wood booster at BRU in Cleveland. Loved the wood - the back slats, seat and side rails all seemed so sturdy. There are wooden legs/slats that fold in or out to raise/lower the booster. Those pieces are also very sturdy. I was very impressed with the chair portion, but I have reservations about the other components. . .

The arm rests (side rails) and the tray seem VERY low. Maybe that is typcial for a booster? The tray barely reached my 11mo's belly button. I think he would have to slouch down to reach his food. He has a Prima Pappa at home and it's tray comes up to his armpits. In the Pappa he is completely surrounded by the back, sides, tray, between-the-legs/passive restraint, shoulder straps & lap belt. It's like he's in the cage of a race car. In comparison, in the booster his torso and big head are waving around in mid-air like a balloon. I want to use the booster on a counter-height stool at our breakfast bar but I'm not sure if that's safe. Could he push up against the counter and topple his top-heavy self?

My second reservation is that the straps and buckles seem awfully flimsy - both the ones that hold the child in and the ones that attach it to the chair. Again, I am accustomed to the industrial-strength straps/buckles on the Prima Pappa (the buckle snaps in so tight that I thought I broke my finger one time when it got in the way). The Eddie Bauer straps are thin and narrow. Also, the buckles don't give that resounding "click" that I get from other baby gear - the Pappa, the stroller, the car seat, the bouncy chair, the swing.

When DS is eating his finger foods, I stay in the kitchen with him, but I do dishes, cook, clean, sort mail, etc. I know if he's in the highchair he's not going anywhere. With this booster, I feel like I would have to sit right next to him just in case he got antsy and decided to push/pull on the counter or try to see what's going on behind him.