PDA

View Full Version : Super picky little eater!!

todzwife
07-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Dallin doesn't like much- and he's almost completely off baby food because he closes his mouth tight and WON'T open it unless he loves what went in there the first time. I could strangle my mom for feeding him mac&cheese while I was out (gone an HOUR!!)but he LOVES it! She put it in the food processer so it was chunky but small and he gobbled it right up! He likes carrots if they are sliced and soggy, but I noticed they aren't digesting very well (coming out much like they looked going in- eww)He loves yogurt most of the time but I don't like giving it to him EVERY day. Peas, greenbeans, avacado, tofu, and most baby food's are a no-go. He gags and throws up if he doesn't like them. So he eats:
cheerios
yogurt
carrots-sliced and soggy
mac and cheese-although I don't really think he needs to eat this!!
Sweet potato baby food
Banana/blueberry baby food

and that's IT!

Please send me suggestions! He's waking up hungry at about 3 AM because he hardly eats during the day!

miki
07-25-2004, 09:03 PM
I'm trying to get DD to eat non-babyfood. I don't know if you like to do organic, but I've given up on giving her all organic because we no longer live in CA so it's just not so available. I'm just trying to give her things so she gets the idea to chew and bite off small pieces. What's worked so far: small diced chicken (loves the meat!), Gerber wagon wheels (I give a whole one and she will bite off pieces), bits of string cheese, quartered blueberries, small diced watermelon. I give yogurt every day--DD loves it. She eats better if I alternate a bite of yogurt with a bite of something she is less thrilled about. HTH.

new_mommy25
07-26-2004, 04:52 AM
I second everything Wen said. DS loves cubes of watermelon, strawberries, grapes, cantalope, banana, etc. I offer him fruit with every meal. I also give him small chunks of cheese. He likes cheddar and montery jack best. You could grate it too if you worry about choking. Whole wheat toast with butter or cream cheese. You could even make your own healthier mac n cheese if that is what he loves. Also try grilled cheese sandwiches or cheese quesadilla cut into small pieces.