PDA

View Full Version : Using Disposable Bottles while traveling

bnme
09-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Hi
My 2mo currently uses Avent regular bottles. But we are going to WDW in Dec and I'd like to use disposables for the trip. Here are my questions:

-AVent vs Playtex - I would like to use Avent because of similar nipple, but have heard they are very leaky/harder to use - Anyone have experience/advice on this?
-How many bottle sleeves/nipples shpuld I bring? Speciically into the park -just one or two bottles and the # of nipples I'll use for the day? Can you buy nipples/rings seperate rom bottles?
-Should I carry the bottles empty and fill as needed? I will either bring a large container of formula in a cooler bag to use to fill bottles as needed or 8 oz cans. Or will be assembling and filling bottles on the spot be a hassle.
-Any other advice? I want to try these out in advance to get used to them, but don't really yplan on using them regulary either before or after, unless I fall in love with them -I already have so many of the regular bottles.

TIA!

kijip
10-02-2004, 12:00 AM
Why not try the Avent Via? - disposible and reusable and about 50 cents each. You can wash while at your hotel and toss while out and about. You use the same nipple and rings as you do for the regular Avent and I have not heard about them being leaky. The plastic liner disposibles were all a pain for me when I tried them!

KrisM
10-03-2004, 09:53 PM
We haven't had any leaking problems with Avent disposables. I think we tighten them a bit more than the regular bottles. If you use the wrong nipple, they'll leak!

I can't really help with the rest. Good luck.