PDA

View Full Version : Rice Ceral ?

HHCs Mom
10-03-2004, 07:03 PM
I posted in another forum about sleep and there was some discussion about solids at that time. One of the posters said something about the "horror stories about babies eating rice cereal". What exactly does that mean?

DS will eat it but I think he's having a reaction to it --- lots of little bumps on his chest, face and some on one of his elbows. We dabbled in solids a few weeks ago and then stopped since he lost interest. The bumps on his chest popped up then and then went away after we quit. Have started up again (we just started over from square one) and he is more interested but still not ecstatic, to say the least! No bumps on his chest this time but on his face now.

What kinds of things am I looking for to see if DS has a reaction to the foods he's eating? Thanks to anyone who can answer all of my random questions! :-)

Kim
~~ Harrison 04/06/04

Rachels
10-03-2004, 09:34 PM
Sounds like a reaction to me! I'd steer clear of the cereal. Generally speaking, a rash of any kind, belly pain, lots of gas, sleep disturbance, etc. are all possible food reactions. Rice is often constipating for babies as well, and there's not much to it nutritionally, so you certainly don't NEED to give it to your baby. If you're sure he's ready for solids, other good choices for first foods are avocado, applesauce, or bananas.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!