PDA

View Full Version : My son is now a biter.......

mrsmags
10-03-2004, 09:58 PM
My son is only 4 mo., but has a tooth that has already partially broken through. He's in teething pain and just today, has been trying to chomp down when he's bfing. Any suggestions?

jec2
10-03-2004, 10:40 PM
When Ds did this I would either press his face into my breast or pull him off and say "stop biting." It seemed to work. I very occasionally get a little nip (no pun intended) but I suspect teething pain, tiredness, and forgetfullness contribute so I again say "stop biting" and it stops.

HHCs Mom
10-03-2004, 10:43 PM
I agree with the PP --- my LC said when they bite to pull the baby's face into your breast to block the baby's nose so they will pull off. You also have to say "NO" or "no biting" or something along those lines and be consistent with it so they will stop.

Kim
~~ Harrison 04/06/04

deborah_r
10-04-2004, 01:06 AM
What Kim said was what I *planned* to do, but when he bit down and broke the skin, I was so shocked and in pain that I screamed. He screamed. I got up and left him on the bed with his dad. He cried and cried, then I came back to comfort him and let him nurse again (other boob obviously) and he never bit again. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this course of action, but that's how it worked out for us. And nursing on that side was *very* painful for about a week!

Now he has 12 teeth and still happily nursing!