PDA

View Full Version : I'm baaaaack! :)

BeachBaby
10-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Well, the self-imposed drama and over-analyzing never ends. :)

Here's my latest question. Simone continues to sleep through the night (bless her heart!). This is great, except that sometimes she is still asleep after I have pumped, showered and gotten ready for work. I have been waking her up to feed her, but am wondering if this is necessary?

I obviously don't mind doing it, but here's my thinking. The earlier I can get to work, the earlier I can come home. Hence, more QT with her before bedtime. And by coming home earlier, I could make up for the "missed" AM feeding with an extra one in the afternoon (if that makes sense).

What do you all think? If it makes a difference, b/c she is half asleep, she doesn't eat that much during the morning feeding. However, I can see what sucking she does do as being good for my supply . . . although then we're back to the "I can replace it with an extra afternoon feeding". AAARRGGH!! Can you tell I'm tired??

:D Thanks again!!
Megan

proggoddess
10-05-2004, 05:07 PM
I wake my DD up for her morning feeding. It's anywhere between 6 am and 6:30. She usually doesn't get up by herself (on the weekends) until after 7. She's a little cranky at first, especially when I change her diaper, but she settles down quickly and eats just fine. Afterwards, I put her back in her crib and she talks to herself for 20-30 minutes then falls asleep until 9 or so when she wakes up hungry again and ready for the day.

Works out great for DH, as he is a full time student and takes night classes. So he can sleep in a bit.

BeachBaby
10-05-2004, 05:18 PM
OK, I'm just going to try and relax now. After I posted that, I went down to go pump and thought, "that was the stupidest question, of course you should keep feeding her".

Sorry for all my neurotic postings! I'm sure I'm keeping you all entertained. Please return to helping people with legitimate questions!! :D