PDA

View Full Version : Graco Harmony highchair

kldean
10-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Anyone have experience with the Graco harmony highchair. We have Healthy Care Deluxe, as recommended in Baby Bargains, but it's still in the box and am wondering if it's worth exchanging!

andie16
10-13-2004, 07:21 PM
We have the Graco Harmony highchair and like it a lot. The second tray that snaps onto the large tray does not fit into either of the dishwashers that we've had (we moved), but that's the only thing that's kind of a nuisance. The straps are getting pretty messy now, but I think that would happen with any chair.

When we were looking, I liked that this highchair had wheels, a wipeable seat pad, didn't have a ruffle and was a very reasonable price.

Don't know if it's worth returning the one you have b/c I don't know what features that one has.

miki
10-14-2004, 12:21 AM
My mom has the Fisher Price chair at her house and we have the Graco. I like the FP chair a little better because you can get the tray completely off with one hand. On the Graco you can only get it to the last setting with one hand. And the wheels on our Graco sucked. DH replaced them with casters from Home Depot. It slides very smoothly now but no brakes. I don't even use the tray insert because once DD's arms got long enough to grip the edge of the tray, I'd have to clean the insert and the tray so I don't bother with the insert. HTH

shartemink
10-14-2004, 11:03 PM
we have the harmony chair & it's working well for us. i like that it is easy to clean up and i haven't had any problems wheeling it around the kitchen. this might be silly, but i really like the toy bar -- it helps identify play time vs. eating time in the chair. i put the toy bar down (& usually give some other things on the tray too) if we put him in the chair b/c he has to wait while i'm getting his food together, or if we're eating & he's just hanging out, or if i just need a place to "contain" him for a bit. when the toys go up, he knows it's time to eat.

i can't compare to the fp one though. i will say that a highchair takes up a lot of space in the kitchen! this surprised me. if i had to do it over, i would probably just get the booster chair that straps onto a regular chair & can be put at the table when they are older.

good luck!
sam
Mommy to Matthew
3/10/2004

andie16
10-19-2004, 12:33 PM
If you use one of the side releases (rather than the one on the front of the tray) you can take the tray off with one hand.