PDA

View Full Version : Source for lactaid drops?

calebsmama03
10-14-2004, 07:41 PM
I've been searching google and found several places already, but am wondering if anyone here has a good source? One place had the actual Lactaid brand 15ml size for aprox $15 US but shipping was either $7 for ONE MONTH or $25 for one week shipping - INSANE! I found another place that had a generic version called Lacteeze at about $8US for 7ml with shipping of $6 for up to 12 bottles. They also offer a case price of $63 for 12 bottles, so it's a fabulous deal, I'm just curious if it's really "as good". It should be, since the active ingredient is the same, right?

Anyone ever try a generic lactaid type drop? Anyone have a great source for the name brand stuff? If not, I wonder if it would be worth it to buy a case - is anyone else interested, as I doubt we'd go through it that quickly.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

SeekerMage
10-15-2004, 03:37 AM
While I have no advice on the drops, I can tell you that the generic works just as well if not better then the original. Atleast for DH that is. He is lactose intolerant and used the Lactaid for a long time and then I found Walmart carried a generic brand and tried them (a lot cheaper and more in the box!) well they worked a whole lot better! Sooo I can imagine it should be the same in the case of the drops...HTH's

Momof3Labs
10-15-2004, 10:43 AM
We shop at www.canadapharmacy.com for Colin's Lactaid drops. 15ml bottle is $10.99. I usually order 4 at a time to make shipping worthwhile. The best price that I found on the internet. But DH uses generic lactaid pills, too (bought locally), and they work fine for him.

ETA: Their shipping charge is $5 for slow (2 week) delivery and $10 for faster delivery, so not too terrible.

ETA: Lynne, I just realized that the bottles you are looking at are less than half the size of these bottles, so factor that into your pricing calculation!

jra
10-15-2004, 09:13 PM
I bought DS drops from http://www.digestmilk.com/lacteeze.html It sounds like it might be the same site you were looking at because the prices are the same. I have bought from there 2 times, both times ordering a whole case. Both times I have ordered, they had enough time to use the whole case before the expiration date. The last ones I ordered in early April will expire in March of 05, but it says right on the side of the box that keeping the product refrigerated all the time will extend the shelf life by additional 4-6 months. The lacteeze drops worked very well for my son.

Jennifer

calebsmama03
10-16-2004, 12:23 AM
Jennifer,
Thanks, those are the ones I was looking at so I'm glad to know they work.

Lori,
Thanks for the link. That shipping is far more reasonable! I knew that the bottle was half the size of the brand name one I found, making the 15ml price the same but the shipping for the brand names I found was INSANE! $10 and it would take a month?!? Ouch! That one is far more reasonable.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05