PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy extra tubes for my Medela Pump in Style?

ShaniB123
10-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Hi All-

Sorry if this has been asked before, but where can I buy replacement tubes for my Medela Pump in Style Advanced? I got some milk in my tubes and now I need new ones asap! Thanks!

Shani
Madeline Emma (10-9-04)

octmom
10-17-2004, 09:28 PM
If you got milk in them but there is no mildew, you can probably just sterilize your tubes in boiling water or a Medela microwave sterilizer bag. They may get cloudy, but they'll be OK. If yours got mildewy like mine did, you'll want a new set. I bought mine from the lacation center at the hospital where DS was born. I didn't want to wait for shipping. But, if you Google "Medela replacement parts", you should find options. Just be sure you buy the right tubes for your pump. The PiS Advanced and the regular PiS use different tubes. Good luck!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

HannaAddict
10-18-2004, 01:21 AM
I ordered some from Medela and they shipped them right to me. I had been using the Medela microwave bags and melted my tubes when left them in too long! The bags generally work great, or you can wash them in hot sudsy water and rinse in hot water and they should be fine.

aguinn
10-18-2004, 09:30 PM
i think a PP said this, but you should be able to get them at a local hospital/birth center. and to build on another PP, if you do only need to sterilize your tubes instead of replace them, when you are done you can grab them at one end and swing them around your head like a lasso and whip the water/condensation right out of them! i know this sounds crazy, but the well-schooled receptionist at my birthcenter did this to my tubes when i brought them in concerned with the condensation. i thought she was nuts, but it totally worked!

;)amy
proud momma to DS

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030729/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif Weaned @ 13 months

Jen in Chicago
10-19-2004, 09:52 AM
Call Medela and get the name of a local vendor for parts. I got mine at a local pharmacy piece by piece to use my SIL's machine. I think all of my parts were around $20, and you can walk out the door with whatever you need.