PDA

View Full Version : Tote or backpack for my Ameda?

JacksMommy
10-20-2004, 05:46 PM
I have the Ameda Purely Yours pump from when I pumped for DS. I had and used the tote that came with it but it was huge and ungainly and didn't include the removable cooling pouch. I'd love to get a backpack or tote with the cooling bag for my second time around - does anyone know if they can be purchased separately? I've checked a couple of websites that sell Ameda, but they don't seem to carry it. I'd love to be able to add it to my registry at whattoget since people are bugging me to add stuff, but if all else fails I can always go EBay.

TIA!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD baby girl 12/24/04

Katia
10-20-2004, 10:25 PM
I have the backpack and don't really care for it. The cooling bag is a joke -- very little insulation, and the plastic lining fell apart when I washed it by hand. The backpack itself looks nice and keeps things well organized, but I found I still needed to bring another bag to work for my purse, lunch, planner, odds and ends, etc. If I had it to do over again, I'd just buy a regular (not Ameda) large bag or backpack and perhaps an insulated lunchbox for the milk.

stillplayswithbarbies
10-21-2004, 05:56 PM
I just bought a lunchbox cooler for the milk. The ones that come with the pumps are cheap and worthless. Same thing with the tote bag and backpack. For the price you can get something really nice elsewhere.

Maybe register for a backpack diaper bag and use that to tote your pump?

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

eb1
10-21-2004, 08:25 PM
I have seen the cooling bag sold separately online. I'm sorry, but I don't remember where, but I've definitely seen it. (If I can find the sites, I'll post them.) Contrary to the PPs, I've never had any problems with mine--it's held up well and keeps the milk cold on the drive from work to my house, which is all I use it for. (I keep the cooler in the freezer at work and the milk in the fridge till my drive home.)

I purchased the tote package when I got my pump, and the tote doesn't seem huge to me. I wonder if it's changed?